In January, the Equity Project Group officially kicked off its 2020-21 Equity Collaborative Grant project to develop a framework for advancing and measuring equity, in collaboration with our consultants, Greenprint Partners.
PROJECT VISION – KEY COMPONENTS
In February, members of the Equity project group met with the consultants and aligned around a shared vision for the project, which includes:
- Grounding the work in guidance from community members in the communities that Exchange members serve: Content should accelerate direct conversations about equity between GSI implementers and the communities served with the goal to build trust;
- Making the case for equitable GSI in a simple, compelling way: Exchange members desire to demonstrate to colleagues and leaders that equity-centered GSI is on a path to becoming the new normal across North America. Grant deliverables will help practitioners build city-wide support and alignment around equity goals and efforts to measure progress;
- Providing a user-friendly roadmap: Deliverables will articulate the path to increasingly equitable GSI with multiple onramps that meet practitioners where they are and offer concrete steps towards progress. Standard metrics and tracking methods will be made available for GSI implementers to set an appropriately high bar and hold themselves accountable for driving equity outcomes. The final framework will be delivered in a user-friendly way, using visual tools where helpful.
PROJECT TIMELINE – KEY MILESTONES & DELIVERABLES
The project team also laid out the timeline of milestones and deliverables as follows:
- Kickoff and alignment
- Draft framework development
- Community interviews (community stakeholders and program staff)
- Literature review
- Equity metric development
- Decision-making tool
- Evaluation tool
- Infographic / visual tool development
- Final framework delivery
- Training workshops
CALLING ON EXCHANGE MEMBERS TO CONTRIBUTE!
We need your help! Please volunteer to be interviewed by our consultants. The interviews will focus on: 1) understanding your agency’s history, capacity, and goals in advancing equity through your GSI work, 2) identifying existing best practices and trends in equity-centered planning and evaluation to highlight in the Framework, and 3) how the Framework can be most useful to you. Please contact Dominic Marlow at Greenprint Partners (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 26th, if you would be willing to be interviewed. Your insights in these interviews will directly shape the deliverables and ensure your agency’s needs are met.
If you have feedback or questions, please reach out to Beatrice Ohene-Okae at email@example.com, who will be collating and sharing information with the consultants throughout the project.
TO VIEW UPDATE ON 2020-21 ASSET MANAGEMENT COLLABORATIVE GRANT PROJECT, CLICK HERE.
TO VIEW UPDATE ON 2020-21 RIGHT-SIZING COLLABORATIVE GRANT PROJECT, CLICK HERE.