The State of Public Sector Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI), 2022
The State of Public Sector GSI, 2022 is a research report that seeks to:
- Establish a baseline to better understand the state of local public sector green infrastructure implementation, including how much has been implemented and how well it is serving communities; and
- Create a shared blueprint for local public sector implementers and those groups seeking to support them in unlocking more green infrastructure that better serves communities.
The report and corresponding data dashboard elevate the responses of 50 stormwater management organizations across the country, revealing insights to questions such as:
- What are the primary drivers of green infrastructure implementation?
- What are the key barriers to implementing green infrastructure at scale?
- What are the most effective levers for scaling implementation of green infrastructure?
- Where is green infrastructure being built?
- What are the characteristics of high impact green infrastructure, and how can these characteristics become a national standard?
The Exchange is grateful to its members, the advisory committee, the reviewers, Greenprint Partners (primary author), and especially the report’s funders, shown below, without whose support the work would not have been possible.